Have you ever feel that youre doing everything wrong ?

ok, I'm a new mom, maybe i'm exagerating a little... Not EVERYthing wrong, but, sometimes I feel even though I try my best, sometimes I'm a terible mom... does that ever happens to you ? when you look at your friend moms, and you think "she's so much better than me, and its her first child too "?!
I dont think its PPD because my baby is almost 9 mo old.

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 6:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think we all feel like that sometimes. Nothing will make the baby happy, our house is trashed, and the kid is eating a frozen burrito. Yeah, none of us are perfect, and sometimes it looks like other people have got it all right, but we all make mistakes and screw up sometimes. It's natural. All we can do is give it all we've got. Don't compare yourself to another mom. That can be dangerous territory, and again, things can look good on the surface, but NO ONE is perfect.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• if you are worried maybe talk it out with someone.. see where you feel you could do better at and ask a question about it, i bet you'll find that a lot of moms have done the same and maybe if it isnt the best you can learn better ways to go about it...
    example of a possible question: What do you do to keep your 9 month old safe while they are outside the home? baby proofing outdoors and at friends and families homes....
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You definitely sound like a mom. I think it's normal for us to second guess ourselves and it's not fair to compare our kids to others, unless you're rolling your eyes at the other kids... kidding... or am I? ;)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would say your feelings are normal! Considering raising a child will be one of the most important thing any of us do with our lives, most all of us have little to no knowledge about what we are doing.

I personally always read a little bit of a book about caring for babies or children before I go to bed at night, before you know it you will be the mom everyone looks up to :)
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 9:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I feel the same way! Being a new mom makes you question everything! I quite certain its normal and refering to sites like this is a great help. Hang in there I bet your a great mom just keep the confidence up!
    AvaAndAverysMom

Answer by AvaAndAverysMom at 7:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• thank you all for your support ! i do read a lot about babies and education, but sometimes, when Im trying to make dinner and the baby is rolling on the carpet (that i havent vacuum in 3 days), trying to grab the cat, and i trip on a toy, I just feel like i loose all control !! aaaaahhh
    kokomaman

Comment by kokomaman (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2011