Have you bought a newer upright vacuum in the last few years? tell me what kind ya bought and if you have had any problems/issues

since my very old hoover vacuum pooped out that my grandmother handed down to me, its been 3 years vacuuming my house with a shop vac!
i am finally going to be able to go buy a new one, but i dont know what to buy there are too many to choose from, i have to keep it under $150, i like to recycle and reduce what i put into the environment so i kinda want bagless but some people say they arent that great...
~have ya had issues with a particular model of vacuum?
~do ya have good things to say about a particular model of vacuum?

RobinEsMommy

Asked by RobinEsMommy at 6:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I bought a Shark Navigator Lift Away like the ones in the infomercial except I got mine on Amazon. It was on sale for $150 plus I had a gift card and discount code so it was actually about $90. I've had it for about 6 months and so far it works really well. The suction is great, it is easy to put together and so easy to maneuver that my 7 and 6 year olds can use it without assistance. It's lightweight and easy to clean. Some people don't like that it doesn't have a light in front but I don't usually need one so I'm o.k with that and the attachments are great. So far, it's been a really good buy. Before this, I had a Bissel that only lasted a year and a bagged Hoover that lasted about 12 years, (it was a tank) but they don't make them like that anymore. Hope this one lasts :o)
    urbpro

Answer by urbpro at 6:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Shark Navigator :) Best damn vaccuum around. I donated my $2000 Kirby..couldnt' stand it anymore. I love the Shark, so lightweight, quiet, love it :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We have a Dirt Devil featherlite. My husband picked it up on sale at Target for like $100 a few months ago. I LOVE that thing. Vacuuming was always a pain before and our old vacuum rarely got everything up. This thing has a ton of suction and the floors actually look clean after I vacuum. And it's light weight. So far I haven't had any issues with it. I used to vacuum only when it was absolutely obvious and needed. Now I do the living room a few times a week.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We have a Bissell Healthy Home and I love it. It is bagless, which is great, and I love that it has on-board tools that are easy to use. It's powerful, too, and is great at picking up the dog hair (we have 2 dogs & they shed a lot). About the only complaint I could have is that I do need to replace the HEPA filter on the vacuum twice a year and the filters aren't cheap (about $30), but DH has some severe allergies & the HEPA filter seems to have helped.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• thank you for your question! i need a new vacuum so bad! good luck with your search :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 6:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011