How should i tell him?

so we live in WY and for work they are sending me to Baltimore for a training in Sept.! i am super excited about it, it gvies me a break and i have never been there before! DH works in ND so he is never really home but when i do have to go out of town for anything he gets almost jealous and makes me feel guilty. Well i am afraid he is going to do that this time and i dont want him to ruin this for me. I have never been to the East before and would love this opportunity! So how do I tell him i am going and break it to him softly so that maybe he wont pull the guilt trip shit on me ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• He must work in the oilfield lol. i live in ND and its just crazy here with people coming from everywhere!
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• not much you can do but tell him... if he's jealous that's something HE has to work on trying to get over.. if he can't, then there isn't much you can do but deal with it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes he does!!! He is in Williston
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would be excited too. I'm sorry he feels the need to make you feel guilty for such things though. That's a real shame. It's for work. I mean if he's going to guilt trip you over that then...it sounds to me like he has an issue to work on some. That's not fair at all. All you can do is explain that "it is what it is"..it's a trip for training for work, if you want to keep your job, right? If that makes him mad or feel jealous then I would have to ask "Why does this bother you so much?" and really get down to business with what's going on. Either he likes to keep you at home (it makes him feel more secure somehow) or he is just jealous that he cannot go? In that case, all you could do is let him pay his own way and go with you-if allowed. Sounds extreme but,..I'm just saying it might be an option open. People do all kinds of things that seem extreme sometimes. I would have to tell my DH to grow up but, I can't yours,lol
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 6:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• lol thats only about 2 hours from where i live and my DH works there too! ugh i hate it lol
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Dress sexy, give him an amazing bj and as he is basking in the afterglow tell him.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Tell him how you would like to go. How if he really loves you He will let you. You can always skype and talk on the phone.
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• tell him about it, tell him why its so important to you, and that it will be really good for your family and you really need his support :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Just tell him. Let him know how excited you are.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Well I told him and it was just how i expected! I told him that there was a possiblity i would be going .....he got all jealous and said "Well isnt that where your friend's family is from....and her brothers" I said "Um No they live in Jersey and she has one brother and I have never met him!" He then told me that.....thats fine when he decides to take off across the country to go do this or that, then i shouldnt have a problem with it!!! He was a big baby! I told him that this was very important to me and that he does not have the right to make me feel guilty about furthering my career and learning more about a subject that is very dear to my heart..........( The training is the National Sexual Assault Conference) So I basically told him to get used to it and re-assured him that I love him and if he doesnt know that by now then he is crazy and if he doesnt trust me IDK how our relationship would ever last!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011