Can I make my own garlic bread with garlic salt & butter?

We are having pasta and salad and I 4 got the garlic bread :/ If not then we'll do with out.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Best garlic bread.... toast Italian bread under broiler for a short time, not to brown, just to get it a bit crusty so its not so mushy. Melt butter in pan and add fresh minced garlic, spread that mixture on the lightly toasted bread, sprinkle with paprika and fresh parsely if you have it, broile for a couple minutes until golden brown. I'm drooling. You will never buy premade again.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes. Go easy on the salt, if you have garlic powder, use that instead. That's all the storebought stuff is anyway - bread with butter or olive oil spread on it and garlic powder or real garlic rubbed on it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yeah you can
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yep
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• garlic powder is better, but you can use the salt, just go light with it.
    you can also just do buttered bread. (warm up a few slices for 10 seconds before serving so they taste more like fresh homemade bread and leave the butter out so they can butter it up).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• you bet you can!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree with NotP.
    The butter also contains salt so no need to be added.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yes u can my husband made some to go with dinner put butter on both sides then use garlic powder he put it just on one side then put in oven
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 6:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• absolutely..just toast the bread a bit, put butter and garlic on it, then put it under broil only for a couple mins or it'll burn..that will make it nice an crisp :) if you toast it first, then it won't stay soft on the bottom. I've forgotten Garlic bread plenty of times :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If you're planning on toasting the bread, I would suggest you cut a garlic clove in half and the moment your toast is ready, while it's still warm, slightly rub the garlic clove. Garlic powder and garlic salt can be overwhelming when used to make garlic bread.
    I make my garlic bread as I told you. I brush some olive oil on my slices of bread, put it in the oven to toast and then just rub half a garlic clove on them while they're still warm. Yummers :)

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011