What's the worst advise you've gotten from Cafe Mom?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 6:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That I need to get my child psychiatric help because it is not normal for a 2yr old to hid in a cabinet.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I mean hide
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• lol!
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

LOL!! Kids love to do that stuff!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• to put my 5 year-old in a diaper in a playpen so she could understand the difference between being a big kid and being a baby. - Apparently this would stop her from wetting herself.

blank stare

Anonymous

• I was told that it was my fault that my daughter is gay, supposedly I made her that way........and advised that I put her in rehab.

Answer by older at 7:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• That I shouldn't feed my baby formula because it is poisonous and I should just let her starve instead because once she gets hungry enough, she'll want to nurse more and that will make more milk (nevermind the fact that I have been diagnosed with breast hypoplasia and will never make enough milk no matter how often I nurse since there simply isn't enough milk producing tissue).
    Anonymous

• That I shouldnt have turned my child forward at 12mo. Reason I did was bc backward (carseat) she would scream so much she'd make herself throw up if she choked (which she did often) I'd have to pull car over, unbuckle, open doors, unbuckle her, sit her up & get her to stop. I thought this was too much time & too dangerous & one of the times I may not get to her in enough time so I forward faced her & she instantly stopped screaming. I was told by someone to let her choke (not sure if it were a joke or what but I wasnt laughing!).

I've heard lots of other awful advice too haha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• There is many. To beat my child anytime he does something wrong, to starve my kid when he doesn't like certain foods, to not mention sex, to not date or have sex until my child is out of my house. To not be open minded or have open communication with my child. I laugh at a lot of "advice" given on this site.
    :

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't know that I personally have received bad advice (except to get SO a hooker for his birthday), but I cringe at some of the advice given to others. Yikes!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011