Do you think that women over 50 should still wear their hair long?

It seems to me that once women reach a certain age, they lop off all their hair into these super short cuts like it is some right of passage. I kind of think that women who wear their hair long look younger. What do you think?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 6:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If it looks good then why not? I am 61 and my hair is shoulder length and I love it this way!

Answer by older at 6:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If it makes them feel beautiful then why not?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If their hair is still good, then sure. I wear mine shorter now because it looks terrible long as I get older. It's not the same full hair I once had. I'm 46.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I love long hair. I don't think there is a right or wrong length for any age. My great aunt had long hair until the day that she died and something about it seemed so feminine even though it was white and thin.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I love long hair too, but I don't care- either way works for me. I really want long grey hair.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Depends more on the individual than their age. If they're wearing an age-appropriate style the length doesn't matter.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I really think it depends on the person and the hair, it can either look awesome or terrible, but thats with a woman of any age. Although I will say often very long hair with no style can make women look dated even before 50.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think everyone should wear their hair however they are most comfortable no matter what age. I plan to keep my hair long forever. And I think the same goes for the color. My grandma was in her 80s and still dyed her hair black and many family members thought it was ridiculous and too unnatural, but she loved how it looked and that's all that mattered. I don't like my hair dyed at all and am starting to get some gray and my sister just can't stand that I don't dye it.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Depends on the woman,, grey scraggly witchy like hair looks good on nobody, but like I said look at Goldie Hawn, should she get a haircut? LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Why not? Some women experience hair thinning, which is why many get their hair cut short as they age. But if I had nice full locks, I'd probably keep it long.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011