Water Birth?

So i was thinkin bout having a water birth with my third child, i had trouble on my last delivery though im not sure what happend but i think my doctor was pulling really hard on the placenta before it was time to come out  then i think it broke. i know on my first one it also broke but he put his hole arm up in me   scrapein me out. but back to the second one i started bleeding really bad! i was in surgry for 4 hrs and had to have blood transfution does any one tink it will be safe to do a water birth??? mabey i need to call my doc and ask him what happend for sure but my husband said my cervix didnt want to close back or some crap like that im not sure though and he couldnt tell me the straight story. i have researched water birth and am very interested in doing this like im really excited about it but also kinda scared i just want my placenta to release on its own and have no troubles haha.. my husband is like doctors dont go to school and make alot of money for no reason but for real i bleed  quiet a bit with my first one and a crap load with my second one... oh ya if any one could direct me to a midwife i would appretiate it i have looked all over and really dont know who to choose or who would be good i live in kentucky.

Creasman

Asked by Creasman at 7:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Cord traction as you described can cause hemorrhage! Just because you hemorrhaged once doesn't mean you will again, especially if it was caused by cord traction. I definitely wouldn't go back to the same Doctor, and if you're comfortable with it a midwife in a free standing birth center or even a home birth midwife may be a better choice. Anyway, I LOVED my water birth with my youngest, I had him at a free standing birth center. I'm pregnant currently and planning a homebirth, most likely will be another water birth, but I'll have to see what I'm wanting to do when I'm in labor.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I loved my water birth. Sounds like your dr. caused your hemorrhage and it would be safe for you to have one. Unfortunately if you plan on having a hospital birth with a dr. the chances of you being able to are probably slim. Your best bet would be to find a midwife and go to a birth-center or have a homebirth.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• talk to the dr that helped u deliver ur baby last and find out wat happened. after that go and tlk to ur dr that ur seening now and tlk to them about ur plans. i would say the dr will give the go ahead on a water birth.
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I had a home birth with my first and I'm planning a water birth at home this time around. I don't know why they insist on pulling or messing with the placenta, since clearly it can CAUSE problems (as in your case). I was standing up and mine just fell out.
    Good luck finding someone, but I would DEFIANTLY find a NEW provider.
    Also, as far as talking to your partner...
    An OB is a surgeon who works in birth. A Midwife is a child birth specialist. It's that simple. Who is more likely to know MORE about child birth??? Some OBs come out of school NEVER having seen normal child birth. They don't even know what it's supposed to look like, sound like or how long it can take and be safe and perfect. Mine was 39 hours from the first contraction...but everything was fine...and I would have had a c-section if I was in hospital, for SURE.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 12:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2011