Hip problems from giving birth??

I am 23 years old i am maybe 100 pounds and im 5foot 3. So giving birth to my 7 pound 7 ounces son was very hard for me. He is almost 2 and a half years old. My right hip use to hurt a little after he was born but im finding it hurts more and more lately. Could it be due to me having a baby vaginally and my body being so small?? Should i go to the doctor if so which doctor obgyn?? normal doc??

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 7:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• Have you considered going to a chiropractor? Labor and birth in general without any regard to your or the baby's size can throw your body out of alignment.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had to go to an orthopedic doctor. My hip got worse after birth me and dd ended up falling when she was only 4wks old. Found out I had bursitis(thought it was sciatica) and had to have physical therapy for 6wks and 6 shots of steroids each week. That was 4 months ago now I have to go back again.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't know how much it has to do with being small, but more the actual passage of a baby and your hips being pushed out. Yes, I have the same problem, When I go to step out of a car or something else that puts pressure on my hips or tests its range of motion, they will pop...sometimes out of place. I think it is definitely related to childbirth.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I started to see a chiropractor after #2 just because I needed a doctor that could make me feel better not just give me pills. I'm around 5'2" 100lbs and my 5lbs 5oz baby is all it took to get me out of whack. I was in more pain after a 5 pounder than I was a 6 pounder or a c-section. My Chiropractor makes everything better. Find one near you, I think it will help.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2011