My MIL's dog is obese...

and when she rides in my car she has to sit up because of my dd's carseat. Anyhoo, I always smelled a nasty odor and come to find out, it was the weight of her gut pushing down on her anal glands. Do you know what I can use to get that smell off my leather?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pets

• Ewwwwww!! Anal juice is one of those things that is near IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of. There is a product called nature's miracle you can get at the pet store but I don't know if it is safe for leather. When I used to work the vet I would that on me and my hands smelled like it for days no matter what I did. Good luck I REALLY feel for you.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• no but she needs to have her glands squeezed as they are impacted and that smell can be an infection....
    I might try mixing some vinegar with water and wiping down the leather
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It is nasty...thanks ladies. I just keep thinking of my mil saying "that isn't Queen, is it?" Well, it's not me, lady. Gees.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried a leather soap made for leather seats? Murphys Oil Soap should do the trick.
    CairoMom

Answer by CairoMom at 6:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i agree with muphys oil soap. its excellent, and i would not allow that dog in my car again, if her glands arent cleand they could burst and she could get sick
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008