Just because your children with your ex get to go to private school, does that mean your children with your second wife get to?

My ex and I have it written in our CO that we will keep all 3 of our children in private school till the finish high school (it is the private school we both went to). I pay for half and my ex pays for half. It's a total of $17550 a year for all 3 kids. Now there are discounts for additional children so if he wants to put the children he has with his second wife in, he is able to take advantage of that (it's about a 15% discount) just as I do as I have 2 children with my DH. However, he and his wife have twins that will start kindergarten in the fall, he says he can't afford to put them in while paying for his half for our kids. Therefore, he wants to change the order saying that we have to keep them in till the graduate because he feels if his other children can't go, why should our children? I feel it is ridiculous, especially, since my oldest will be a junior next year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• What about giving the kids a choice when they are in middle school? If the cost is that high, the order should be changed. That is a lot of money for pirvate school, even for 3 kids. I don't even pay that for a year of college.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The kids all LOVE their school, the one is going into 7th grade, one is going into 11th and one is going into 3ird. It wasn't too expensive for his parents to send him there so unless he thinks his education was more important then his kids, he really has not right to say it's too much. We were married when we put them in can decided to keep them in (the school district in our area sucks). We both have a contract to pay directly to the school, so if he doesn't pay, the school can go after him. He was happy to put them in until he got married, now his wife has him convinced that every penny he spends on our kids is unnecessary (she even convinced him to buy their kids over $1,000 worth of Christmas presents and my kids each got a $50 gift from them since they were getting presents with me too)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• let him take you to court
    reyreybella01

Answer by reyreybella01 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It's ridiculous. I'd just pay your half and stick to the original agreement.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would just stick with the half - your kids are already in a school they are happy with. If he can't afford to send all 5 to private school, then the younger two can start out at a public school.

Answer by missanc at 8:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It isn't his problem he can't afford to send his twins. His wife can get a job or he can get a second one if he really wants them to go there or he can put them in public school until your kids graduate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• your not his.lol
    Anonymous