Tubal vs. iud? adult content

im 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and after this we are finished! last week at my visit my dr talked with me about having a tubal. he says that he doesnt like to do them anymore because alot of women change their minds these days after the fact. im 27 my husband is 31 we are sure! he said also it is surgery after a vaginal birth which ive had 2 vaginal births and we expect this one to be also! he said its kinda a hard recovery! i love my dr and he knows our family very well! he knows my husband works 3rd and that i will be the main caretaker of the baby and other 2 kids and it may be hard for me for a week or 2 to recover! he says there are other options these days for women such as iud or implanon!also my husband is up to getting a vesectomy! which was the original plan! then after my visit i got to thinking about these other options! ive heard women also have heavy periods and other female problems after a tubal! but in the end the dr told me this is our decision and he will support and do what we want and we dont have to make a decision until we are ready! opinions?

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 7:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine wasn't that bad. I had an iud after my second, they told me I was to young to get it done after my second. Well I did the iud and still became pregnant, they said it "came out of place." So if you are both sure I would say go for the tubal.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would say go for the tubal. If you and your hubby are positive that you're not going to have any more children, then I say go for it!
    NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Someone told me about this website ...it has pictures of a cervix with iud but if you sqeemish about that type of thing then I suggestion you ignore everything I just said lol ...beautifulcervix.com. you will see iud in the left hand column. Hope this help you
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• im almost sure i will not do the mirena because my sister had nothing but troubles out of hers and it came out of place and made her very sick and they had to do an ultrasound to find it!
    cortneydmorris

Comment by cortneydmorris (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had a tubal at 37 after my 5th, but I considered having one at 28 after I had my 3rd. I am SO glad I didn't!! However, I have had no problems with my tubal.

Answer by missanc at 8:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If you and your husband agree, you should get the tubal ligation. Everyone is different, I had one after 3 children. I have no regrets and had no problems with the procedure. Just relax for a day or so after should be fine after that.
    BCSpaBella

Answer by BCSpaBella at 9:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• if the tubal liqation is done the next day it is not bad month is a little heavy but it does not last to long 3 or 4 day and a little more time to reveroy
    sunflowergranny

Answer by sunflowergranny at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011