Is there anyone here who does tatting for a hobby?

knittingI know that my Great Grandmother used to tat to make all her own lace doilies etc. We have many of those lace doilies around ,still, today.

My Grandmother however did not enjoy it and my mother never learned it. I really wish it had been passed down to me, I think it's much easier to learn that way. I plan to teach myself this sort of "lost art", but in the meantime,

...... Do any of you who love hobbies and crafts know how to "tat" ? Or do you even know anyone who still does this today? 

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 7:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't know how to do it, but my great grandmother used to. I just found a blog that does it and I want to learn!

You can also google it! It comes up with a ton of links!

http://threadsofatattinggoddess.blogspot.com/
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 8:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_JGTCju4G8
    This is a step by step instruction on tatting. I hope it helps.
    syida

Answer by syida at 5:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• you tube is a wonderful craft school
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 1:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• never tried it but it looks interesting and fun maybe will try to learn
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Thank You! I've googled it also several months ago and I'm getting ready to buy what I need. I just wish I could actually 'see' someone do it, other than on you-tube video I mean.
    Well, maybe between the two of us and a few others we can make it a comeback....LOL...I seriously doubt it but...that's so sad I think to lose these great arts and crafts from the past.
    Have fun though!! :-)
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Thank You ALL for your answers! I've picked up quite a bit from the links and I think I can get the hang of this. Not just for "lace doilies" though, of course those are way out of style but for other things...pillow covers, even lace curtains for a fem bedroom maybe. It's been great!!

good

KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011