The Duggars (this isn't for bashing, just need someone to shed some light)

Ok, I have a confession... I've been watching the duggars for awhile and I feel super bad when I do but I can't help my curiosity. My husband and I are young with two girls, I have been raised going to church and Christianity. My husband hasn't but is open but doesn't understand as much. When I see the duggars I feel like they have such a great life (I know no one does and I shouldn't feel this way). Seems like Jim Bob and Josh are just amazing husbands who treat their wives like princesses. The kids are all raised perfectly and it seems like they do a better job with 19 then I do with 2. I don't want to feel like this but I feel like I got the short end of the stick when it comes to my husband after seeing the way the ladies are treated. I know I should be praying about this but I can't help to feel so "under" them. I wish I could raise my children perfectly religious putting God first, my husband cared that much, and family and children were so important. Where did I go wrong? I know feeling this way is sinful so I'm not looking for mean comments just help understanding. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Each marriage is different. Each household is different. Instead on focusing on what you think is negative in your marriage focus on the postitive.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• At the same time I think they are a little too strict with they're kids. Like the clothes they can and can't wear. No dancing rule is insane to me.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't think your feelings are sinful. My kids are great, but I sometimes feel some of those feelings you do and you know what my conclusion is? I'm right here where I am because of decisions I've made. I know that doesn't help much, though. Hugs, doll. There's still a lot you can do to make things better! You aren't necessarily stuck in your current rut. Good luck!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had to stop watching bc it got to the point where I was sickened with them lol I felt like it was all so unreal & they were perfect. Here I am having such a hard time with one child & understanding the idea of a god, etc. Shortly after Josh had his daughter I was done haha I couldnt take it anymore, I love the family & show dont get me wrong. I just felt like it was too much happyness & perfectness I mean come on why cant they once in a while have an issue puh-lease! Once can they have a kid go "I'm going to kill you" when they are in time out (as my daughter said the other day lol) please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Ohhh you just wait. There are a few freaks in that group ;) Just wait until they're let loose after 18. Not all of them will be perfect examples of a perfect Christian family. Don't compare your husband to these men, I'm pretty sure they don't show the negative sides to these men. Be happy and grateful for what you have and what God gave you. I'm sure you're doing fine :)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'm sure they are very happy BUT they do have problems just like any of us. They just don't chose to show the world their problems and struggles.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• well its easy to look at someoen else and think there life is perfect. I bet they have there down moments too cant be all happy and fun when there so many people living together. But they are raised in a good way. Just try you best. Paying about it helps. Dont let it bring you down just try your best
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh Boy! The show brainwashed you. REALITY CHECK!!!! This is mere television entertainment only. Don't believe everything you see. Your life is what you make of it. You are in charge of your own happiness. You do not live with these people so you really have no idea what their life is really like. It is all scripted!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think if I were you I would take this one to God because if you are having any convictions then there is a answer for you to uncover. I think children are truly a blessing from God as the Bible states. I myself have 8 And a wonderful husband we wouldn't change it for the world. Try talking to your dh if you feel things could be better. I think people should be more like the Duggars with their approach on tossing their kids lol the world might be a little nicer.
    griefstrickin

Answer by griefstrickin at 8:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You do realize that these "shows" are edited to show a specific kind of "life" and that you are only getting a small glipse of what their life is like IF it is even an accurate depiction of daily life. (Aka there are probably a good number of kiddie meltdowns and stressed parent syndrome that you AREN'T seeing because it was edited out.)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011