When did you...

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with two small children and a full time daycare. I'm sOoOo sick and tired all the time. I wanted to wait til 12 weeks to spill the beans to people but how long can I pretend nothing is wrong. Only my husband, BF, and mom know... When did you tell? I have seen the baby on ultrasound twice now with a strong little heart beat and go again in a few days to see another time. Should I spill or just wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I once had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. It was devastating. It was much worse because we told people. After that I waited until 5 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My guideline is to tell the people now that you'd want for support if something went wrong. And everybody else can know at 2nd tri, I'm happy even to wait till 16-17 weeks for the level 2 ultrasound, to know all is truly well.

But I can't hide it too well. I think people can tell. SIL definitely can. Any of the unconscious little pregnancy tricks like hand on belly or trying not to move your head to stop nausea will tell her. And some people notice your clothes and how they fit, and notice if you are suddenly drinking water or decaf instead of alternating beer and coffee... that sort of thing. But hey, it provides entertainment for them :-)

Congrats, BTW!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I tell my everyone right away. I have had a late term miscarriage and I would rather people know if I miscarried so they can understand why I might be a bit off.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I told at 8 weeks!
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 12:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i told people when i was 3 weeks and than had a miscarirage at 6 weeks and this time i wanted to wait until i was far along but than my dh started telling evrybody now im just over 9 weeks please wish me luck
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011