Latex Allergy??? adult content

I know that there are no specific tests for this allergy. I first noticed I may have a problem with Latex when I was a kid. I couldn't touch the trash bags my Mom bought without breaking out in itchy, burning welts on my hands. It's only CERTAIN things that make me break out. It's not all latex. I can touch balloons and not have any reaction, for example. However whenever DH and I have sex with a condom, my vagina get irritated and, starts to burn and itch. It's really irritating. It stays like this for about a week before the itchiness and burning go away. My question is. Do you have a latex allergy? Do you break out when you touch all latex made products or do only certain things set you off? I don't have these problems in 'down there' unless we use latex condoms....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• they have condoms made for people who cant use latex. go to a sex shop and talk to someone there im sure they can help you.
    Anonymous

• http://sexuality.about.com/od/contraception/a/condomlatexalle.htm
    Anonymous

• the top link is about being allergic. this one tells u what condoms to buy http://sexuality.about.com/od/contraception/a/latexfreecondom.htm
    Anonymous

• I have the latex allergy that you describe. It is not exactly an allergy YET. it is called contact dermatitis. Check for more resources on the latex allergy website. You will be amazed how many products use latex in their products. My suggestion is to avoid as many sources as latex as possible, and b/c if you continue to expose yourself to it you could potentially become so allergic you could need to carry an epi pen. Do your research! I am not a doctor but these are my experiences and opinions. Another thing to look at is the food/latex relations. Some foods you may be allergic to are hints to a latex allergy-or the contact dermatitis. Another thing you need to know, rather than tell someone you have "contact dermatitis" it is just easier to say you have an allergy. The condom was my first hint of my personal issue with this. I now avoid as much latex as I can. My mother cannot even wear old undies due to the spandex
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 8:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Trojan Supra is a good latex free condom. and Lifestyles SKYN. They are more expensive, but you should notice a difference. Be aware though that they are not as tested as much as the latex ones, AND cannot protect against STDS.

This is the other website: http://www.latexallergyresources.org/

Feel free to PM me if you'd like further help-though realize that I am no doctor nor do I profess to be. These are my personal experiences.
    FebPenguins

Answer by FebPenguins at 8:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Don't they make sheepskin condoms? Could you try those?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i dont have an allergy to all latex..just latex condoms..so if we need one like after my dd was born we used lamb skin and it works great..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i am, its not a bad reaction, but the area in contact with the latex gets irratated and red
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It took me over 2 years to realize I was allergic to the latex condoms. We use the Skyn and it is really great. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have the exact same issues...latex balloons are fine, latex gloves cant be around me down there and neither can condoms that are made with latex. I also break out and it itches and burns for a good week. I have the condoms that are latex free now....they work and dont break me out. Thank god
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011