What time do you put your baby to sleep?

I am wondering if 7pm is too early for my DD to go to bed. She seemed sleepy then but I have been trying to get her to bed around 8:30-9PM every night. Just wondering what some would consider too early for bedtime.

EternalDiesirae

Asked by EternalDiesirae at 8:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 7pm is not too early. A good goal is to eventually get her to sleep from 7pm-7am according to many sleep help books for babies. I do know that our bodies natural circadian rhythms begin making melatonin around 9pm for most people so some professionals suggest to just aim to get your baby to sleep before 8:30pm so she will be asleep when the body creates this.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 8:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I know everyone will think I am horrible. but my baby goes to sleep when she falls asleep..
    Anonymous

• everyone has there own opinion on what time their child should be in bed and what time they should have thier naps. when my daughter was close to a year old i was trying to put her to bed around 8. but my daughter also has a sleeping disorder. now that my daughter is 2 1/2 she has to take meds to helpo promote her 2sleep but i still have her in bed by 8-8:30
    myangel02

Answer by myangel02 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I can tell my daughter to lay down and I can cut off the television but she will not go if she is not ready. She will just lay there and play with her fingers and toes lol.. so she goes when she is ready
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 8:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It was 8:00 from birth. The oldest will be 13 in September, and I'm thinking maybve 8:00 is a little early for her now. Haha. Poor kid.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 8:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My little kiddo is 10 months and he goes to bed at 8 and gets up at 6-7am. The rest go down at 7:30.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 8:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't think 7 pm is too early. I think it depends on your child and what their sleep habits are like. Whenever dd was going through a growth spurt it always seemed like she got tired early and would sleep for longer periods of time. Right now we put her to bed at 8:30.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my DD is 3 mo and goes to bed for the night between 11pm-12midnite. she sleeps thru the night. I wake her before I go to work (7am), feed her, and she goes back to bed til 10:30-11am, so her daddy can get some sleep too. she naps throughout the day for a couple of hours. she's adjusted well to her routine.

whatever schedule you set should hopefully stick unless, like others have mentioned, they have outside factors like a sleep disorder. most kids will adjust to whatever schedule you want as long as you're consistent.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 9:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If you baby falls to sleep at 7 that's perfectly fine. My baby falls asleep at 8 everynight.
    MOMof3_28

Answer by MOMof3_28 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My 18 month old dd is usually in bed asleep by 7:30.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011