What is the best way to sleep while pregnant?

All night I toss and turn trying to find a comfortable way to sleep but i cant because of my big belly. I want to know the best way to sleep.

mamaoftwins11

Asked by mamaoftwins11 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• get a body pillow, it will help u tons!
    Mom2HopenFaith

Answer by Mom2HopenFaith at 8:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• it's best to sleep on the left side, try one those body pillows and wrap it through your legs and behind your back.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I always had a bunck of pillows. Two under my head, one under my shoulder/upper ribs (I slept on my side), one under my belly, one behind my back, and one between my knees. Except for the trips to the bathroom I slept GREAT. Probably the two key pillows were the one under my belly and the one between my knees.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 8:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• on your left side, it provides more oxygen to the baby. i always been told this, i just had my third son almost a month agp
    mzblaque21

Answer by mzblaque21 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• On your left side is also supposed to be healthier for mom. Using a body pillow or several smaller pillows can help you get comfortable. Try a soothing warm bubble bath before bed, to help you relax and feel drowsy. Never "hot". A hot bath can have the opposite effect, waking you up. You can try lighting candles in the room, especially if you have a DH who will blow them out for you after you fall asleep. Try soothing music, or nature sounds, like a rain storm. There are a lot of reasons why it is hard to fall asleep when you are pregnant. Some have to do with the weight of the baby and feeling big and awkward, but some may be caused by stress. First time moms may consciously or unconsciously worry if they will be a good mom, or if they are ready to be a mom. No matter how many children you have, you may worry if you can afford this child, or worry if this child will be born healthy. Learn to relax, you'll sleep better.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• on the left side.. with a pillow between the kneew
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• left side:) and body pillow..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You are supposed to try to sleep on the left side but I say do whatever you can do to sleep. I have slept on my tummy through all of my pregnancies. It gets a little tricky at the end but it is the only way that I can sleep.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• left side is best
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 3:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I use a pregnancy pillow that way it keeps me it one spot and keeps you in place and you dont toss and turn
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2011