Would you have called the cops on your MIL?

My FMIL has been trying to pick a fight with me for the past week. I've pretty much just been walking away from her for the past year that she has been living with me and my fh. But because of the things she has been doing, (lying to the cops, trying to have me put out) I knew it had to escalate for the cops to actually do something. She came home and in the first 10 minutes she started an argument with my fh over cabinet space. I cleared out every cabinet (trying to be the bigger person, as usual) and put everything I owned in the pantry so she had an entire kitchen with 16 cabinets for her things. Wasn't enough and she was complaining to him about it, I came downstairs when I heard things begin to escalate. I know he can get hot headed and I don't want him to blow up, regardless how I feel about her she's still his mother. When I came downstairs she got pissed and threw a tube of caulk at me, edge out (if you've done house maint. you know how it looks). I'M 9 MONTHS PREGGO. I slightly dodged it and she put a hole in the wall thats how hard she threw it at me. I called the cops because she went on to assault my fh as well and with this not being the first time I'd had enough. She called her ex husband and he said I had no right calling the cops on her, because it was my fh house, not mines. What kind of crap is that, like the laws don't apply to her. I'm sure if I were to strike her she would call the cops. Would you call the cops on your inlaws if they physically attack you. I just got a tpo but my fh actually put out a warrant, I thought that was abit much but its his choice not mines.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• You did the right thing I would've called the cops on her as well I know exactly what she threw at you & that is not right in so many levels especially you being pregnant, I agree with the ladies don't let your MIL be around your child when the baby is born because she obviously doesn't care about her grandchild since she was willing to hurt you knowing that you were caring her grandchild I would never ever trust her again even if she apologizes you can forgive & forget but doesn't mean you have to trust her. GL sweetie =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Why are you living with someone like that? I would not want my baby to be around her anger once I have given birth.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• She had nowhere to go and my fh felt sorry for her so he let her move in. It was out of my hands but I'm going to get a tpo tomorrow to have her removed and away from me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i would have called and had her ass locked up for assault on me and then i would push it farther since you are preggo..thats wrong on several diff levels..i dont think i would let her see the baby after its born either bc if she is so careless about it now she surely wont care about it later
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• She definitely needs to be out of there before the baby gets there and yes, I would have called because she is obviously unstable and needs help.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i would have kicked her out right there and then BUT what did wasn't wrong either
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would have call the cops too.

Answer by older at 8:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes, called and had her things packed on the front porch when she was out of the pokey!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I did, a few summers ago. She just recently saw me in public and spoke to me.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would have bitch slapped her first! You were doing her a favor by letting her live there. She should be doing everything she can to reduce your stress level-not add to it! I am thanking the lord for my MIL right now lmbo! I'm sorry you've got to deal with that!
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 9:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011