What kind of kid were you? shy? bold? etc. Are your kids anything like you were/are?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was a very social child and my daughter is just like me!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was mostly a shy child.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The kids had some shyness, but not as much.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i was very out going never shy mostly in trouble alot lol but my son is realy a great child never realy into anything but hes just 17 month old so we will see in a few years
    britt2thabrat

Answer by britt2thabrat at 9:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• shy, awkward, clumsy, entirely to honest (didn't know how to keep my mouth shut when I needed to)... My DS is 'mildly' Autistic and I do kink of wonder about myself sometimes..... DD is nothing like me! lol!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Shy. My kids are both shy but not as much as I was.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was an extremely social and outgoing child. My oldest is social but more reserved than I was. My youngest is a lot like I was (and am).
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 9:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was withdrawn and never felt smart enough, pretty enough or good enough. I was always very quiet. I sat in the back of the classroom, I kept my head down, I didn't have many friends because I didn't think kids would like me. Once I warmed up at a new school I could make friends pretty easily. When I was a teen there were times when I was too outgoing, I thought the only way to get a boyfriend was to sleep around. I was sneaky and I lied to my parents a lot. I had/have a lot insecurities and self-esteem issues.
    My boys are nothing like me. They are confident, they are leaders, they sit in the front of the class, they are athletic and excel in all sports, they are in band and vocal, they offer help to friends and neighbors, they are always on the go, they are ambitious, they have goals....I took all the negative from my childhood and turned into positives for my boys.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i was stubborn, independent, & very extroverted...my DD is exactly like me! i lost most of my stubbornness w/ puberty so im praying my DD will too! my son is too young to know his personality.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Very shy until I was used to the environment I was in, and the people around me. Then I warmed up. I got better as I got older. In high school I was very social.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2011