how can i get my son to sleep in his own bed?

he's only 10 months he like's to sleep with me! but never alone.. he gets up atlest 10 times at night 2 see if im around.. and if he doesnt see me or his dad forget it he'll start crying untill he see one of us..
what can i do????

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started sleep training around 10 months. It depends on who you ask wether thats a good thing or not. At first, i let her cry for 15 minutes then after a little bit i put her back for another 10 then 5. After 2 nights, she was completely fine. I didn't have to do it again. she regressed after she started getting more teeth. We switched her to her a toddler bed around a year. Instead of letting her cry it out again, i'd walk her to her bed and either sing, rub her back or just sit there until she was asleep. Now, i just have to walk her back to her bed if she gets up and thats it. Good Luck ... it can be frustrating but it's worth a few nights of not much sleep.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I started at a young age letting my son nap on his own in his crib. Now that he is older (7 months)he is able to sleep through the night, (yes we have occassional set backs; but nothing major). If he wakes up now, we are able to give him his pacifier and he goes right back to sleep. Good Luck!!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2008