Can you ever get over trust issues?

Can you ever, truly, get over trust issues with you SO? Not little things like minor fights, but major, MAJOR trust issues...ones where just the thought of what happened still makes your heart sink and wonder a million questions....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I personally wouldn't be able to.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• not really
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• it"s incredibly difficult but can be done with a lot of hard work and honesty on both fronts.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 9:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• sorry, I realize that was kind of a vague answer. I meant to say I believe I could. I've experienced it first hand with my DH and we worked very hard to overcome some serious trust issues. if people are honest with themselves and everyone does their part (like my DH did) then I believe it's possible to regain the trust.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I could not. I think it's a hard thing to ask of someone, too. "One more chance" when they've blown it so many times, or so royally... Not sure it's fair of them to request it. :(
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• what is it about that you wouldnt be able to get over it? some things I ca and just make my self because I learned it only makes you sick and your life shity if you keep it around and worry about it. I have had alot of crapy things happen to me with family and loved ones and spent lots of time running from it and still went back to fix it and had all of the stuff in the back of my head. I just try to go every day with a new one and not let that stuff make my life upset me put it in the past. I dont like what alot of people have dot to me but as much as I would like to get them back its not my place and their time will come. I use to hold in every thig and be mad with every one but it sucked. My kids weren't happy. I just got those people out of my life and moved on. I'm happy now and even thow I still have the mad and hurt feeling inside and dont trust those people any more and try to not have to talk to them anymore
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yeah with a lot of time.
    MOMof3_28

Answer by MOMof3_28 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'm not sure yet but I'm trying pretty hard. Everyone else says I am nuts for giving him another chance. But its not thier life.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• trust to me is a major part of a relationship... i do have some trust issues with my husband, one would be with money and the other is him making decisionswithout me knowing... so i do have a hard time believing him when he says he has no money.. i can forgive him for that and even look past it, but if he had cheated on me then that is a different story i know for sure there wouldn't be a me and him after the fact.

mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It might be possible if the true love is really, really there but it wouldn't be an overnight sensation, no way. I'm talking years of working at it and staying with it so I could heal. Maybe it's wishful thinking...Idk...that's an awful lot to ask of a person that has been seriously hurt. It depends too on how many times things have happened. I would have to try extremely hard not to "envision" things in my mind and mull over those "million questions". That is very painful and hurtful. :-( That's TOUGH!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011