Does anyone else here have a teen son.....

that adores them??

I have always heard that once he hits the teens he will hate you. Well, he is 18 and has never said anything like that to me. In fact, he considers me his best friend.

bcauseimthemom

Asked by bcauseimthemom at 9:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Well you must be doing something right! :)
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I am not my 15 yr old sons best friend, and don't want to be, but we do share a bond that a lot of Moms I know don't share with their teen son. His biodads family hasn't had anything to do with him, including his biodad, by their choice, and I have been there for him, and always will be.

We don't have the hateful, bad teen problems, thankfully, and I think it say's a lot about the parents. BUT that doesn't mean things won't crop up, and we also have two younger sons, so I won't say we won't with them, we're just going to keep doing what we're doing, and hope it all works...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I am in the same situation as Mrs Leftlane, his bio dad's family is not in his life but I love my son to death and we do have a special bond. he is also almost 15, we've always talked and I've always made it a point to keep communication open.

I think it's sweet that you have a special relationship with your 18 year old, it's great!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My son will be 15 next month- and we're good :)
    *so far
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My son is amazing. He knows that I am his mom and respects the fact. He likes to hang out with me and comes to me with his problems.
    bcauseimthemom

Comment by bcauseimthemom (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011