Positioning in Moby Wrap

So I just got my wrap today so we are still learning. But everytime I put him in it he pushes back, and he doesn't seem to be that happy in the moby. This surprises me because he loves to be chest to chest with me. I thought maybe it was too tight so I loosened it a bit but that put him lower on my body and it wasn't comfortable for either of us. Here is a picture of our first try. Ignore my husband he was being a butthead.

Any tips or advice on positioning him better?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Along with PP...it looks like you do need to spread the fabric out at your shoulders. This will keep the material from being so tight around his head.  Here is mine.  The black is the wrap...it is black and satin.  This may help to see what it should look like.  Notice how her head is in no way held by the fabric.  Also by spreading it out, it will better distribute the weight across your body.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• check out youtube and search for moby wrap tutorials. There are tons of them! I used a double ring sling so I have no idea about a moby. I do know when I got my double ring I searched for video tutorials and found them very helpful! Much better than print.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The lighting makes it kind of hard to see.... one of the first things I'm seeing is that it looks like you should have the fabric spread out more over your shoulder, and my guess is your back as well, even though I can't see it. How old is your baby? How is his head control at this point? What position do you have him in?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I second the you tube videos it was the only way that I could figure the things out.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• In this picture he is straight up and down. Sorry I don't remember the hold name. But we've tried the newborn hold where I put his feet first in the picket and pull the material over so he is laying tummy to tummy. But his arm gets in the way of him laying his cheek on my chest. He's a month old but has wonderful control over his head and chest. He can push up and hold that for a few minutes. Only slightly wobbly now.

I've looked at those videos and I think we got it then when I try it he just isn't happy in there. Oh in this first try no the shoulders wasn't spread out but in other trys I did spread them out.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• In my picture, she is tummy to tummy. Her arms are along the side of her body with fists up pointing to my shoulders.
    The material crosses over her back so there is no material between us and then the colored part is pulled up over her body.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• And do you nurse in the moby too? Which position do you do for that?
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I couldn't. Since I am very large breasted (now 36G),, I had to hold my breast away from her nose for her to breathe. My boob was bigger than her head until she was 10 months or so.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011