How many ladies here have upgraded their wedding rings?

I will be married eight years in November and I have upgraded four times. For my birthday my husband is adding an anniversary band to my newest set. I kept one of the other sets because it was the one I had on when I was in my accident. Am I spoiled or well taken care of??? LOL

bcauseimthemom

Asked by bcauseimthemom at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• i have twice, added an anniversary band and went with a bigger diamond.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have never upgraded. I don't wear my diamond much anymore because when our oldest was a baby he had severe eczema and the diamond would scratch him and hurt him. I love my wedding band because DH and I designed them ourselves and used gold from his grandfather's wedding band and my grandmother's. We also had some extra gold that was ours and the jeweler used a little new gold to make both rings.

I've been married 13 years and I don't think I will ever change or upgrade my wedding band because it is so special to me.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I guess I'm a bit sentimental, and pretty down to earth... It would be an insult as well to my Hubby if I told him I wanted an "upgrade". It's what he could afford at the time, and I thought it was beautiful then, and still do. It's not a huge diamond, but that's not my style really. I would feel tacky, and like I was trying to be something I'm not...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Have no intention to. This is what he got me and what I said my vows with.

Adding an anniversary band isn't upgrading unless you remove the originals too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think I will probably will later on, maybe after 10 years together. To me 4 times in eight years is a lot, upgrading should be because you are renewing your vows or some other special occasion not just because you want a bigger rock.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i'm about to. We have a wrap for my engagement ring on layaway.
    married 11 years

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• This Valentines day hubby went and bought me a new wedding set & I love it, this is my 2nd set.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had once because the band was an open cut on the bottom and not flat so it wasn't very comfy when my engagement ring pushed against it. I got a flat band with channel set diamonds instead and it was super comfy after!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• For me that would be a wast of money, one ring every other year?

For our 25th Anniversary I got a up grade.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My husband has chosen each new set. The anniversary band is being added to the complete new set I was given for Valentine's Day. Well, as for it being a waste of money... all the bills are paid and the kids are well taken care of. Two of the sets were used to trade in and upgrade.
    bcauseimthemom

Comment by bcauseimthemom (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011