Clomid?

Ive been trying for over a year to get pregnant again with out any success. I was talking to a lady today that had taken clomid twice, had one the first time and twins the last time. I was thinking about talking to my OB about taking it. Has anyone on here taken it? Did it work for u? Did u have one or more? Any side effects? And Im a diabetic, does anyone know if that would be a reason not to take it, or will it mess it up?

beckymom18

Asked by beckymom18 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• A friend of mine took it and she had twins and then triplets.... it works. Just be ready for multiples. Good luck momma.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was on clomid for five cycles and unfortunately it didn't work for me because of dh's sperm. I've heard the chance of multiples are higher with clomid. The worse side effect I had with clomid was SEVERE hot flashes. I would wake up in the middle of the night and had to change my sheets and take a shower and go back to bed. It was miserable for me. But you have to realize that everyone's body is different and so you might not have that at all. Definitely talk to your doctor and he/she will know if clomid is a good choice for you.
    Good luck. :)
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 10:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I took it for 3 months. It made me feel really moody, like bad PMS, but it was livable. I did get pregnant on the 3rd month of it, but it ended up being an ectopic pregnancy (which had nothing to do with the clomid). My Dr wanted me to wait and have 3 cycles before taking it again. He also had told us that we didn't need to use birth control (like condoms) during that time if we didn't want to. After 3 periods I took a test just to make sure before I started the clomid again and surprise, it was positive. I'm around 14 weeks now. I have PCOS and am just a few points away from being diabetic. The insulin problems are why I needed the clomid. Diabetes won't mess up the clomid and the clomid will help your body ovulate. Good luck. : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I forgot to add that both my ectopic and this pregnancy are a single baby.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I got pregnant the 3rd round & miscarried shortly after finding out....I tried it several other times as well, all the way to 100 & 150mg...The 100-150mg I had blurred vision, SEVERE HOT FLASHES & night sweats...I also had some mood swings....

The lower doses, all I had was hot flashes...
    lovingmomma1

Answer by lovingmomma1 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Just a few weeks ago I took my first cycle of clomid and I am having severe hot flashes and Texas heat is making it ten times worse. Clomid effects everyones body differently so you would just have to try it out and see how it effects you! Good Luck!
    Ang226

Answer by Ang226 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• MY SISTER TOOK CLOMID AFTER STRUGGLING TO GET PREGNANT AS WELL.. SHE NOW HAS A HEALTHY BABY BOY IT DIDNT TAKE THAT LONG FOR HER TO GET PREGNANT MAYBE A MONTH AND BAM IT WAS DONE... I DONT HAVE INSURANCE BUT I MYSELF AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING NOW I AM THINKING ABOUT CLOMID
    Peke3024

Answer by Peke3024 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011