• In the Spotlight:

Uncomfortable sleeping on my side

My back is killing me, (nothing to do with this pregnancy, well the pregnancy isn't helping) but no sleep is becoming mission impossible. Tried pillow under my belly but my pillows are too thin and DH always hates it when I use him as a body length pillow lol. He likes cuddling but when he's in the mood Kwim? So How can I fix this? Went 4 years to a chiro, he fixed it how he could but it's still hurting :(

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• Can you get more pillows? Even off the couch? I had to create a "ramp" to sleep on to keep my spine straight, plus have the pillow for my belly, one for the back, and one between the knees. I haven't been pregnant in years, but even now it's amazing what a pillow between my knees does for my back.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 10:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh, sometimes I bend the leg closest to the mattress while leaving the upper leg straight. This helps stabilize my position and straightens my spine. Since I don't have 6 pillows anymore. :) Easiest fix for me.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 10:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Get a body pillow? or a Sleep Number Bed?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Try a pillow between your knees as well... that helped me before and after my pregnancy. Helps keep your back/hips in alignment ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• invest in a body pillow? the pillow between my knees helped me too. with the pillow in the back.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• im pretty sure it's that extra weight your carrying around
    if it still hurts after you give birth, see a neurologist, your pain could be from nerve damage
    i saw a chiropractor for the longest time...same thing happened to me, it felt better then came back again
    my doc told me to take regular tylenol a half hour before i go to sleep
    also, exercise it will make you more tired which will help you sleep, plus walking is good for your back
    sunnysideup89

Answer by sunnysideup89 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011