Using a Sperm Donor

I am a single mom. I have a longterm boyfriend but he can't *have* kids. I have one child. I would love another child. However, I would have to use a sperm donor through a clinic. Would anyone go this route? I would love to give my child a sibling and I don't want to be 75 years old regretting not having anymore children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would if that was the only option. However, you need to think about the long term very carefully. How will BF react to it? Do you care if he leaves? Or maybe you have discussed it and he is ok with it.

Next, when that child starts asking about daddy, what will you say or answer questions.

Just think about it first. But again, I would do it if it was my last option.

Why can't BF have kids?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have a friend who looked into this. It is very expensive and can take several 'tries' for it to take. (on top of what the PP mentioned) Are you prepared mentally and financially for what could be a long and pricey process?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My coworker did it and it worked fairly quickly.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I, personally, would not even consider it. I would probably look into adopting a child.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011