Pearls of wisdom?

Just for kicks, what have been the funniest "pearls" you've ever gotten?
I have two favorites, both from my MIL:
1. You drop them all on their heads sooner or later....but they turn out just fine.
2. Sooner or later EVERYONE gets SS called on them, it's just part of raising kids.

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 9:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The first one you wrap in bubble wrap...the second you let juggle knives.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Put on your big girl panties and deal with it. My grandma gave me those wonderful words of wisdom and she has 10 kids... best I've ever gotten!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Hmm, there have been so many. Without details I will give one pearl on marriage: "Honey if you don't, some other woman will". I'll leave it at that.

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 10:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones... is there every any good reason to throw stones lol?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• if somethings broke and so are u .. duct tape is a beautiful thing..... my grandpa said that to me one time.. not sure if he was serious but it was funny...
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• "There's nothing worse than a liar, a cheat, or a sneak" ~ My Daddy...... three things I strive to never be
    Anonymous

• Live your life like you're in a movie and everyone is watching you!
    Anonymous

• 1. People who live in glass houses shouldn't use the bathroom. *nodnodnod*
    2. Never leave the house in raggy underwear. You never know if you're going to get into a car accident and have to have your pants cut off.
    3. If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, use it for skeet.
    4. Never eat anything bigger than your head.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 11:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My grandma told me "Before you get married, keep both eyes open. After you get married, shut one of them!"

She also said that kids were like flowers - you could keep them all clean and pretty and in the house, and they'll look nice and smell nice, but they'll eventually wither and die. To grow, they need a little sun, a little dirt, a little water, and time outside!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I don't mean this crude, so I apologize if it offends anyone, but one I came up with and told a friend of mine who had been bullying and putting her husband down for like a year, and finally he snapped and started an online relationship with his ex (I do NOT condone what he did, but then again, she was a real ball buster...)

If you keep your husbands balls in your pocket, don't be surprised if he puts his ___ somewhere else...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2008