Have a lump in my neck

I had thyroid cancer 5 years ago and had the whole thyroid taken out. For the last 2 years I have had a lump or knot in my neck. I thought it was a swollen lymph node at first but I have had it biopsied and they said they aren't sure what it is. I swear I am so freaked out by this. Anybody got any ideas? I am going in 2 weeks for my body scans and check-ups in 2 weeks.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• I wish you all the best and I hope it's nothing, really. If you've gone through all that and they still aren't sure what it is...then I'm clueless. Have you googled different things to look for regarding this knot? It's amazing sometimes the things that come on search engine.
    Good luck to you!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Best of luck to you. If it was biopsied, I guess it wouldn't be a cyst.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If it was biopsied and did not come back malignant, that is very positive. It is pretty unlikely that if it were something bad it would have hung around not doing anything for two years. It could be any number of relatively benign things. Try not to stress out about it too much!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was going to say maybe part of the cancer is back. But I guess not, Were you bitten by some sort of insect maybe.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i'm not sure.. if the biopsied it's not a cyst (that would have been my first thought) and since it didn't come back as cancer, then I'm not sure what it could be.. possibly a type of keloid from the surgery from cancer maybe?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i have a lump in my neck, so does dad
    for us they are cysts
    sunnysideup89

Answer by sunnysideup89 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011