Should I go to the hospital or is this normal? adult content

I am 26 weeks pregnant and since last night I have been having abdominal pain and severe tightening in my stomach accompanied by lower back pain and swelling in both of my legs and ankles and I have a thick mucusy discharge when I use the restroom now.Is this normal or should I go to the hospital?

cameronsmom2011

Asked by cameronsmom2011 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Please call your doctor asap. Could be braxton Hicks but sounds more serious :( good luck hun.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would call your OB's nurses line at least... get there opinion. I never had this but every pregnancy is a little different...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• go to the hospital it sounds like early labor and it never hurt to just be on the safe side you know the saying better safe than sorry
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• When in doubt you should always go, have you been having any blood pressure problems, cause that combined with some of these symptoms eg the swelling etc could be signs of preclampsia, or it could just be normal pregnancy symptoms, I would surely go and have it all checked out though so your sure....... good luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• you should call your doctor or even the labor and delivery at the hospital... but to me at 26 weeks it is pretty normal to have that pain i'm going through the same thing right now minus the mucas..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think you should call the hospital first and speak to a midwife or doctor on call and see what they say. Don't freak out yet, get information from a professional first!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• A lot of it sounds quite normal. Tightening could be Braxton Hicks. Increase in vaginal discharge is normal. Swelling is also normal. I wouldn't call but many Mommies would so do what you feel comfortable with.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i would call and talk to your doc just to be safe. you never want to take any chances.
    price85

Answer by price85 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• sounds like labor go to the hospital :>)
    Liveatmo

Answer by Liveatmo at 12:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you're ever concerned, it doesn't hurt to call, good luck!
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2011