What would you do or would be your thought on this,

the other day my husband and i had a conversation about me getting my tubes tied... i told him that it is very serious and if he plans on wanting any more children.. we are now on #2, his answers are never straight forward and he acts like it's a big deal.. it really upset me cause this is a decision for both of us not just me... so i brought to his attention that if i were to get my tubes tied would he get a vasectomy.. he looked at me like i was crazy but i only seems far right... i don't know ladies what should i do?

mommys2cupcakes

Asked by mommys2cupcakes at 10:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I have my tubes tied because hubby and i didnt want another kids. july 1 2011 i go for my surgery to get them untied its only been a year and were ready for another baby. this is not a cheap surgery to go and get everytime you both think no more kids. trust me. just get on birthcontrol that fits you. Theres alot out there. good luck.
    H.Gard

Answer by H.Gard at 10:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm confused why you feel you have to get your tubes tied? No other BC works? I need an edit (or maybe i'm a retard, pronounced as seen on the hangover. ra-tard)
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 10:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was going to have my husband have a vasectomy and he was fine with it. but since i'm having a c-section with my second baby, i'm just letting them tie my tubes. I believe the only good thing about him not being fixed is if he is cheating on me and gets some chick pregnant he's screwed both with me and his little whore (if he ever cheats on me) I know he has cheated on other girlfriends he's had before. . . So at least if he did cheat and 'accidently' (you know how some girls purposely get pregnant to keep a guy or get child support or whatever their screwed up heads are thinking) got some girl pregnant I sure as hell would know that he cheated on me.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Are you insecure in your marriage? I mean are you saying he needs a vasectomy if you get your tubes tied to be sure he doesn't at some point in future decide he does want more kids but with someone else who can give them to him?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• why do you both need something done? also if your NOT SURE about having more or not. why dont you get an IUD. u can get your tubes untied in the long run but takin out an iud would be easier
    Anonymous

• If you don't want kids get your tubes tied. He does not have to a vase if he does not want to!

My dh got a vase and I did not get my tubes tied.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• that's the thing my husband says he doesn't know if he wants more or not... i myself am happy with just having 2 i had and iud after my first was born and think i'm going to do the same after my second...
    mommys2cupcakes

Comment by mommys2cupcakes (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Why would he have to get a vasectomy if you have your tubes tied? Are you saying that as part of a punishment for him not taking your questions seriously? Not bashing, just trying to understand where you're coming from.

I would say that if he really doesn't want more kids, just tie your tubes and be done with it. No need for you both to have permanent procedures.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i just feel that if a woman gets her tubes tied for the fact that both don't want anymore children then it would only be fair... it's not to be mean or punish him but i guess to be equal..

mommys2cupcakes

Comment by mommys2cupcakes (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It's really your decision its your body you are just being respectful in asking his opinion
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2011