I can smell EVERYTHING!

Can anyone else smell everything?

I'm 35 weeks or so, and I swear, I can smell everything.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just crazy, because I 'll say to my husband...hey do you smell that?

He'll say nope.

Then sometimes he'll smell it a little bit later on.

Is this a pregnancy thing? I think it is.

monstersmommy20

Asked by monstersmommy20 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely it is. Your sense of smell gets heightened, and mine certainly did, both times. Dog food was not my friend. I taught my 2 yr old to feed the dog for me during this last pregnancy because I couldn't go near it. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• OH YES!!!!! I swear I could smell a storm coming without even looking at the radar cause I could smell the moisture. Floored my dh constantly!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'm smelling the desk fans motor...I know its the desk fan motor because I brought it closer to my nose, and yep...thats where the smell was coming from...my husband can't even smell it
    monstersmommy20

Comment by monstersmommy20 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• for sure
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My Super Mommy Sniffer came on especially strong in my second pregnancy, and has never really left. It is in turns useful, infuriating, and disgusting. When it was coupled with my awful pregnancy nausea the results were sometimes disastrous (like when I threw up because of the BO of people two aisles away at Food Lion)

When I realized I could smell the poop in my children's lower bowels before they had to go to the bathroom? Yeah, that was the day I realized I was a scent freak.

I can't stand driving on the highway (let along in city traffic!) near someone smoking.

I can tell when my SIL is putting on makeup or chapstick or plain lotion from across the house by smell alone.

It's just another mommy superpower. You must use it to the best of your abilities for good and not evil :-)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• This is pregnancy number two for me and my Dh calls them my spidey senses (like spiderman). It's funny cuz when I'm not pregnant, my sense of smell sucks :P
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I could smell everything when I was pregnant and the heightened sense of smell usually lasts for about 6 weeks after every pregnancy.
    Valleylily

Answer by Valleylily at 3:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My sense of smell was so super sensitive. I could swear I smelled when one of the other apartments in our building was cooking ham....grossed me out!
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 12:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• yep i was the same way lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 3:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011