HCG Diet

Has anyone tried the HCG diet, if so how did it work for you? I just ordered the drops and i'm doing to start it whenever they get here.

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I won't try it because honestly, it is a VERY dangerous diet. Those that have tried it that I know have all gained the weight back plus.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The HCG Diet is complete non-sense. It is just a very low-calorie diet. That's it. The "drops" are not anything. You are wasting your money and following a high-risk diet that will certainly result in short-term wt loss, and then be followed by wt regain, and potentially wt regain beyond your starting wt. Please don't do these sorts of "diets".
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/weight-loss-cure-dont-want-you-to-know
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hcg-diet/AN02091
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree with what they ^ said. If you lose weight without changing your lifestyle or habits then you will 9/10 gain it back. Eating 500-800 calories a day will make anyone lose weight. it's called starving yourself. I could give people a placebo, tell them to eat 500 calories a day and when they drop weight, they'll all think the placebo pill was magic. So, how do we know these injections/pills aren't placebos? If someone doesn't consume enough calories it can result in deteriorating bone and/or ketosis which can cause brain damage.

If it's not a placebo, then think about all the hormones fed to or injected into animals have been linked to girls to start puberty early, an increase in cervical/uterine/breast cancer. HCG isn't any different that the crap they inject into animals to make a bigger profit. The long term side effects of this diet are unknown. Is cancer really worth it?
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Really, people are still falling for this?
    Sorry, but if you've EVER spent a day in this section, you'd know the risks. It's SUCH a dangerous diet that sets you right up to fail. Any diet that limits you to 500-800 calories a day is doomed to fail, and it also puts your body into starvation mode, which actually SLOWS your metabolism, thus making your body hold onto calories, exactly the opposite of the desired effect. The instant you go off this diet because, let's face it, NO ONE can keep that up forever, you WILL gain hack ever ounce you worked so hard to lose, plus more. Return the drops, and do it the old fashioned, HEALTHY way, through diet and exercise.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My response will not be popuar, but I did it last October. My ex had bought me the drops, and I used them. I lost about 15 pounds pretty quick, which was encouraging. My ex did not have that same success (though you aren't supposed to drink a 6-pack every day, moron). My mom lost 7 pounds right away, then another 4, but that was it. It certainly isn't something you'd want to do long term (they suggest going in cycles until you've lost all the weight you want/need). I think it's just a good jump start. I'm now just following the standard food pyramid which helped me lose some more weight. www.mypyramidtracker.gov -and- www.mypyramidtracker.gov/planner

IF you try it, I wouldn't do it more than the one time for an encouraging boost (bearing in mind it is a TOUGH diet to follow). With the pyramid I eat constantly, get all my needed nutrients, and still lost weight. Exercise would just enhance that.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• THE INSTANT YOU STOP YOU WILL GAIN ALL THE WEIGHT BACK? lol that is ridiculous. I have tried it, it works. The drops I got sucked and never took away my hunger. But you will lose weight, and it is not dangerous. Over eating is way more dangerous and talk about slows your metabolism down!
    I have several friends who have done this and lost a TON of weight, 70-80 pounds. Did they gain it back instantly? No, haven't even gained it back after a year. Go on facebook and look for hcg people you will find a HUGE support group and tons of good advice and ideas! Congratulations for taking a step in a positive direction mama. Good luck!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am doing this diet right now, and while the protocol is difficult to follow, I have lost at least a pound every day. Obviously if you eat the low calorie diet without the pills you will lose weight, but that weight will include the loss of muscle mass. Taking the hcg releases stored fat that would, say feed your baby if you were pregnant and starving. This means that you drop actual fat rather than muscle. I am terrible at sticking to a strict diet, and I have cheated every day even if it's just having a bite of what I'm preparing for the kids. regardless I am still noticing results and I feel really good.
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 11:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• For those of you that have tried it or are doing it now, what kind of meals did you cook?
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• go to the hcg diet forums and you can download a recipe book with all kinds of good recipes
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 11:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Just eat 500 calories a day without taking the drops and you'll still lose weight.
    Anonymous