Dinner Ideas for company?!?!

My SO is working on a car. His friend in coming over to help him put the engine in it over the weekend. He will be staying with us because he's from out of town. Yesterday, I heard my so tell him on the phone, "... she will cook a feast every night." LOL

I don't have a problem with it, just not sure what to cook. I haven't ever cooked for this guy before. It's summer time, the kids are happy with grilled cheese most of the time.

Just looking for some ideas to fill a weekend for someone I have no ideas on his taste.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yuck. Who wan'ts to use the oven during the summer! Men generally love meat. I don't know what your budget it but a steak, baked beans and macaroni sounds good. How about fajitas, rice, and beans? Fried porkchops, gravy and biscuits? My DH fav foods.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 11:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Baked Ziti is a quick easy crowd pleasure! Get a pound of penne pasta (cooked and drained) mix in a jar of sauce, a small container of Ricotta and one or two or three... of the following: pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms or egg plant (or anything else really!) put it in a big casserole dish and top with mozzarella and bake at 350 until heated through. Serve with salad! You can even make it the day before and just pop it in the oven!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Crock pot roast is quick and easy as well and doesn't heat up the house as bad...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• LOL dont you just love men, why dont you grill one night, they can cook the BBQ and you can do the sides, and for the other night I would probably go with a pasta dish or chicken or ask your husband what he likes to eat etc......or better yet at least find out what he doesnt eat!!!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i agree with all the above, with kids chicken fingers are great but there diffrent and my dh in his 30s loves them and so do i.
    u need... 1 bag of bbq chicps ( not rigged ) and chicken breast or strips if useing chicken breast cut into strips...cookie sheet and spray oil ( pm works well ) and egg.
    crush whole bag dip chicken into egg to coat, and then shake chicken in the chips some dont stick but no matter so good.
    heat oven to 350* spary cookie sheet with pam and put coated chicken on it, bake 20 mins one side then flip bake another 20 mins BAM done! i like mine with honey mustard, kids with ketsup and dh with bbq sauce.. i also do french fries. and we dip them in ranch sooo good. any question mess me. i swear to u EVERYONE loves them i also have to make extras for a friend :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My thoughts were we don't spend a lot of time in the house during the summer and I don't want to slave over the stove. So I was thinking BBQ chicken on the grill one night... Him making it, of course, since he is the grill master.

The crock pot roast is a great idea, so I am definitely doing that one.

I've never had baked ziti before, but it sounds amazing, so I might try that this week and see how the family reacts.

Steak sounds yummy, too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Something DH said was... We can all have our own little chicken, baked. Sounds great to eat, not to cook. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Lasagna and garlic bread, roast chicken (in crock pot) with vegetables and mashed potatoes, beef tips and rice, chicken tetrazini and crescents..these are some of my husband favorites
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I've never cooked a chicken in a crock pot, so that's something to consider. How long does it cook for, Suzzanna?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It usually take a a 5 pd 4. And a half to 5 hours on low
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011