How scared was you

this is the first night my 17 month old is fully sleeping in a toddlers bed all week i would go in and get him and put him in his play pin so i wouldnt feel this way finaly tonight i said i wasnt goin to do that he has pillows around the bed but that dont eas my mind has anyone felt the same way or am i just just being way to over pertective mom i dont know what to do he has never slepted in the same bed as me the last time we was sleeping in the same room he was 3 months old

britt2thabrat

Asked by britt2thabrat at 11:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For me 17 mo seems a little early for a toddler bed but you know your son and if you feel he's ready for a toddler bed then go for it. I understand the worry though. Does it have a rail on the sides? My toddler bed WAS her crib, and it converts to a toddler bed with a rail on the side and then it turns into the backboard for a full-size bed as she grows. I think you can buy just the rail if you are afraid he'll fall out. But if not, I think blocking him in with some pillows is fine.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• its the same as you have he seems to be doing realy realy well but idk i guess im just freakin out over nothing
    britt2thabrat

Comment by britt2thabrat (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• :) No worries mama. The bed isn't that far off the ground so he can't hurt himself. One thing I did when I started putting my girl in there (2 yr birthday) was I happened to have an ottoman that went with my glider and it is the same height. It also is the same width as the opening in the rails so I would put it up against the bed and put a laundry basket behind it so it wouldn't rock. Worked like a charm.
    BTW my girl just turned 3 and she fell out of her bed AGAIN the other night - 1st time in months!! :D She just whimpered a little & she was fine. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i will have to do that that did kinda eas me a lil thank you alot
    britt2thabrat

Comment by britt2thabrat (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't worry too much. Toddler beds are generally close to the ground so they won't get hurt if they do fall and the rails help. It's hard to fall out when you're torso's against a rail. As long as he isn't sleeping upside down, he doesn't really have a gap to fall out. And if he doesn't shift much, I wouldn't worry. GL mama. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If it makes you feel better, I have fallen out of every bed I've ever slept in. And I'm an adult. :P This included one embarassing evening as a teen when I turned off the overhead light, went to hop onto the bed....and completely missed it. My sister came running in to see if I was okay and then died laughing. Like MamaStuart said, toddler beds are made to be low to the ground just for that reason. The bed rail will help. He'll be okay.

GlowWorm889

Answer by GlowWorm889 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I will probobly do that with my son when he does his transition, don't worry about feeling like a worry wart, it's are jobs as mothers!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2011