Is this horribly wrong of me?

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. When I first left I felt like I couldn't do anything alone because we always did everything together. I just didn't want to be alone. I felt horrible that I was away. Now that all this time is going by, I just don't feel like that anymore. I feel happy. I love my space. I don't know if its my hormones going crazy because of the pregnancy but everything he does just irratates me. I can't help it. Like I feel like he is way to clingy. I just feel like before I left I thought I couldn't live without him and now that I left I see I can. He still feels like he doesn't want to do anything without me, and I just don't. He wants to move in together and I just can't. I feel like I would start to hate him (I know that sounds bad) and that I just wouldn't be happy. It might be myself finally realizing who he really is (I say this because he always calls me names and talks to me like I'm nothing when he is mad he has a horrible temper). I really just think that I have finally had enough and I just want out of everything. But I just don't know how to tell him, or how to go about everything. I feel so wrong because now we have a baby together, but I'm just not happy with him anymore. What do I do?

Megan1213

Asked by Megan1213 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• you dont have to be with him just because you have a baby together.. you need to be happy too.. if your not happy how are you going to raise a happy baby?? im a single mom of 2. i love it.
    Anonymous

• also if ur already broke up, you dont have to tell him your not happy any more. the relationship is over just move on
    Anonymous

• Don't torment yourself and stay with him. It would ruin your life!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You can't just leave him out of your life ..you're going to spend the next 18 yrs communicating with him. But you should let him know how you're feeling without being harsh.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Just be honest with him. It will hurt but it is for the best of everyone involved. I am glad you see it for what it is- maybe time apart will help him change and grow. The most important thing is to give him the respect of telling him the truth. Make sure and mention his verbal abuse. It sounds like you are better off without him in your life IMO.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Okay i am lost. You guys broke up but he wants to move in with you and his to clingy? Did you two get back together in between the lines or something?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't want him out of my life completly though I want him to be there for everything with the baby. I just don't want to be in a relationship with him anymore. He just tells me that if I won't be in a relationship with him that he won't be there for the baby either and thats not fair. Thats why I don't know what to do.
    Megan1213

Comment by Megan1213 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You have finally realized that you don't need anyone to make you happy, happiness comes from within...good for you! Just because you have a child together doesn't mean you should be together, talk to him and let him know that a relationship is not in the plans for you guys anymore...it will be difficult but you will feel better after you get all this out of your chest and be honest with him. Good luck.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Well sounds like he is emotionally abusive at the least..........so it sounds like you made the right life decision for yourself....sounds like you will need to start seeing less of eachother to start with, as you are in fact no longer together, this will be a good way for him to start to get the hint that you are happy with things the way they are now, you need to limit seeing him and contact with him to the bare necessity as you are to share a child.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• No we did not. He just will not accept that I don't want to be with him. He thinks that we are still together. Like for ex. I will tell him I'm done with our relationship. 2 days later he will call me and act like we're still together.
    Megan1213

Comment by Megan1213 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011