Teen wont drive

My 17 year old daughter has no interest in driving, we made her go to driving school and now she is starting in car. When her dad takes her out driving she hates it. Has any one else had this problem and did it get any better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Don't push her to much. Maybe she's nerves. Give her time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my sister was scared to drive bc of big trucks.. she finally got over it and started to drive.. u cant force her to drive when shes ready she will do it.
    Anonymous

• I don't have teens yet, but I personally have a friend who never cared to drive, he is 33 yrs old and FINALLY just started driving just a couple of years ago. Even then I don't think he drives that often, and it's just to work and back. I don't get it either.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My husband didn't get his license until he was 22 and I did not get mine until I was 18. Better to have her ready.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Does she HAVE to drive? You will be saving money in insurance, for one, and anxiety every time she takes the car out, too.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't push it~~everyone is different. Heck I didn't start driving myself until about 8 years ago and I was 49! :)
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I wasn't ready to drive until I was 18. I got my permit and practiced on small roads at 17, but I wasn't ready for an entire year. Some kids are ready at that age and some are not. My mother didn't drive until she was in her 30's, her husband drove her everywhere. Has she said why she doesn't want to drive?
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 11:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I didn't have a license until I was 19. I didn't drive until I was 18 and I HAD to drive a HMMWV to graduate AIT in the Army. If she's not comfortable, don't push her, it will only make her more uncomfortable.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If she doesn't feel comfortable with it, I wouldn't push it. Driving can be scary- even if you know whar you are doing, it doesn't mean everyone else does, and that's scary! I would let her go at her own pace with it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I never drove a day ibn my life and I am 47YO. my sister did not take aninterest til she was 23.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2011