FRIEND HELP!!

I'm not a good people-person and I have a friend who I want her to join CafeMom. So she's on the website joining and she's up to the confirming part. She says: "Jada, where do I click to confirm?" so I'm trying to direct her over the phone. Then 20 minutes later she says"Jada, I gotta go," and we are moving soon and she knows that. Tonight was the only nite we could do this unless we do this in 2 weeks and it will still be hectic! I know that was a stupid reason to complain but listen to this: before when I was texting her and telling her about CafeMom she was saying that she was at a friend's house who doesnt have a computer (ironic, isn't it?). She then says she is sick and has the flu. But she told me she was at a friend's house outside on their deck. She is definitely lying to me and avoiding me. What should I do?

morekidzmorefun

Asked by morekidzmorefun at 9:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• maybe she's in an abusive situation and has to be secretive. just be patient and wait to find out what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's just Cafemom , maybe she doesn't want to waste her time. IDK. Some of us are way more into this than others, ya know? I have repeatedly asked one of my best friends who lives many states away to join myspace or cafemom, but after ignoring it she finally said her husbands company has a clause that it frowns upon its employees or spouses from having such profiles. I didn't bother telling her how she could make one and not even put her real info or pics up because I took it as a hint that she just isn't interested. Maybe your friend just isn't interested, but doesn't want to let you down because she thinks it is really important to you. Just a thought.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Wow, it must be late...I'm frowning up on my use of the language in my last post.....
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Just leave it be. This person sounds as if she cannot be honest with you and perhaps doesn't want to hurt your feelings. I've had friends like that. I stopped calling. I figured if they valued me as a person and a friend, they would call. The ones that did, I am still friends with. The ones that didn't, weren't worth the effort. You truly find out who your friends are that way.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 11:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008