Low Blood Sugar?

Does anyone else have low blood sugar. If so what are your symptoms and how do you deal with it.

Shelby_P

Asked by Shelby_P at 11:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• I do, but it comes and goes which is very irritating. I can have lunch and 2 hours later it drops for no reason. I can go weeks without an episode. I know it is coming on because I start to feel kind of clammy and irritable. If it progresses I get dizzy and will eventually faint. I carry hard candy and gum with sugar in it. I have found that 2 or 3 pieces of gum work great for me. If I am at home I have a glass of juice. I hope this helps.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• avoid sugar and eat more protein. Protein takes longer to digest which prevents spikes & dips in glucose levels.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i often am hypoglycemic, i've fainted countless times
    i also shake, and little white fat globs start to show on my hands..it's my body undergoing beta oxidation
    my body starts to break down the stored fat basically. so eat (noncinamon) gram cracker in the morning...this is what my doctor told me to do...and before you get up in the morning, sit first for a minute then stand up.
    i also get light headed often, can't see sometimes or get a headache if it's really bad (only happens when im dehydrated)
    so eat snacks all throughout your day rather than big meals GL
    sunnysideup89

Answer by sunnysideup89 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2011