Who else felt this way while pregnant...?

i am 17 weeks pregnant and depressed. i have depression as it is, so that doesn't help. i am in that stage where i feel extremely fat and gross but not pregnant, i haven't felt the baby move so i haven't bonded with the idea that i'm having a baby, i can't afford maternity clothes so my clothes don't fit right and i am so uncomfortable, i'm so irritated, negative, pessimistic, overwhelmed and frustrated and above all scared shitless. i just wanna cry, i'm not even half way there and i'm ALREADY FEELING THIS WAY?!?!

quinny89

Asked by quinny89 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i felt the same way with my 2nd pregnancy. i was always depressed. i went to goodwill to get maternity clothes paid $3 for jeans. also we have wear it again kid and their clothes are also very cheap. i always felt fat but once you feel that baby move and see him or her on the ultrasound you will start to change. it was always hard for me too. believe me in the end its worth it seeing that baby and holding it in your arms for the first time.
    price85

Answer by price85 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yea bab i knw it sux. I was the same way one big reason y is cause ur hormons going KRAZY. Just look at the postive things in life, dnt wry ull feel that baby move and u will b the happiest person in tha world. Just if u need to tlk to any 1 just let me knw. I listen and give advise.
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Please don't feel that way..pregnancy is beautiful and you have a miracle growing inside you. Whether you feel him/ her or not. He is there and he needs you. Im sorry you are depressed and I hope things get better. I been depressed too lately but not because of weight but because I want a baby.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was feeling that way too! I am 8 weeks prego. Im bigger now then my first pregnancy. I read because of gas and bloating but my clothes are getting tighter. I cant find my old pregnancy clothes but price89 is right im bought maternity clothes at ross, second-hand stores, and goodwill. Do u have a supportive spouse? For a minute everything my spouse did would just irritate me and i would feel so down at work but it'll get better. I have been a lot happier now, not more bickering and I am just enjoying the pregnancy. Take deep breaths. Maybe go out with your friends or date night.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 9:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• WOw....I was so thrilled all three times to be pregnant and I didn't feel fat or ugly----I felt pregnant which IS a beautiful thing. Its a miracle. A baby growing inside of you. Look at it That way, not like its something inconvenient. Go to the Goodwill or a consignment shop and fnd some maternity clothes---it will be affordable and it will help! Icould hardly wait to start wearing maternity clothes! Its FUN!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes. Please talk to your doctor about it. Mine insists that the risks of not being treated for depression are worse for a baby than being treated, and at the very least, they can prescribe you some talk therapy that can help you with coping strategies, etc. through the end of pregnancy and the first few months. Don't say you can't until you ask- some are free, but I'd imagine you'd want to start now. The only way I kept at all positive was to do the typical exercise, being outside etc stuff

Pregnancy and hormones are a mess but your odds of getting PPD are quite high, so it's good to figure it out now.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Sweetie, I am so sorry. I can relate. It really sucks to not have clothes that fit and not be able to buy more. :( Have you checked local thrift stores? Something like a TJMaxx even? Put an ad on Craigslist for maternity clothes in your size? Check eBay for cheap lots of maternity clothes? I know this is only a small part of your problem, but 2 of my friends who weren't too thrilled about their pregnancies and changing bodies really seemed to blossom and enjoy their pregnancies more when they had clothes that were comfortable and flattering rather than trying to squeeze into things that didn't fit (and trust me...by the end you'll be outgrowing your maternity clothes, for now you'll be so relieved to have elastic waistbands and forgiving tops!).

As for your depression, talk to your doctor/midwife. There are some treatments that are approved during pregnancy.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 5:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I felt the same way! I also deal with depression and it is so hard to see the changes happening to your body. The farther along you get you will begin feeling the baby and everything will change. Maternity clothes are very expensive so maybe check at some local Good Will stores, I did and got some really great buys. Hang in there it will be worth it in the end once you see that beautiful baby!
    AvaAndAverysMom

Answer by AvaAndAverysMom at 7:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011