DO ALL NEW WIVES HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE EX WIFE?

No matter how hard I try to be the bigger person and get along with the ex, for the kids, I get grief, Although I don't let her know this bothers me, it does.

mrs.acosta2011

Asked by mrs.acosta2011 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Did you see the story on Good Morning America last week about the new wife is allergic to peanuts. The ex wife sent her ex husband peanut butter cookies in the mail. The new wife opened the box and is now pressing criminal charges against the ex wife for assault with a deadly weapon... Meanwhile, the ex wife knew about the allergy, but wrote on the box "Contains peanuts." The new wife decided to open it.

marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• im sorry u deal with that... its never fun i have delt with 1 ex wife that was from hell. but then shewas sent to prison for embezzelment haha..now my dh has an xwife and we get along we talk and work things out reg kids or anything and thankfuly it isent bad. but admit there are times were i want to slap her when she dose something that affects the 2 kids. and not in there best intrest its all about HER. but all in all we get along. even gave her and husband # 2 a wedding gift and took the kids for her honeymoon, and when she lef her husband i kept the kids so she could do what she needed to do.. and she even pick up my dd and her dd up from like the mall and drops my dd off here with me so i dont have to drag the 5 yr old out..lol with u just breath and know u are the bigger person.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Wow, the new wife opened it at her own free will, but why was the ex sending peanut butter cookies to the ex husband. Wish my issue was this simple. The ex thinks that my husband needs to do everything for her still, fix the sink, give her gas money when she is broke, bring the kids to her, he doesn't do these things, except for bring the kids to her on occassion, but she still acts like she is married to him.
    mrs.acosta2011

Comment by mrs.acosta2011 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yeah, the ex wife was fighting the charges because the cookies weren't addressed to the new wife. Although, I am sure she knew she would open them. Who wouldn't? Married people open the other's mail all the time.

But I know what you mean. My mom's SO is like that. The ex thinks he has to do everything for her. She broke her leg and even went as far as to request he spend the week at her house to help her. Really?? You're not married anymore, take care of yourself. My mom tries to just smile, but it annoys her to no end. If something has to be fixed she asks, but puts it on the kids... Well, the kids need water and the sink is leaking...
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have to get along with my DH's X's because I'm the one that has to deal with them the most I'm the one that talks to them when we pick up his kids or have them or anything one of them he can talk to and it's fine but the other he doesn't speak to except for if she talks to him when we pick up or drop off my SD all other times the contact is between me and them and this works for us there are less fights and arguments and the line of communication is open which we need to be able to talk because my SD is at the stage where she lies alot so her mom and I talk alot!!! but we keep it on a information about my SD only level we're not friends...

traren

Answer by traren at 11:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• As an ex-wife I can tell you not all ex-wives are like that. I wanted nothing to do with my ex-husband after he walked out the door. I'll admit I hated his girlfriend because she screwed him knowing he was married - and the affair would've continued but I kicked him out and since he had no where else to go he went with her. He abandoned his children, moved 200 miles away to be with her though I know that was his choice at the time I was still very angry and it was easier to push the blame on both of them. Regardless I certainly never asked him to come by and do little things for me and the only time I ask him for money is when I need it and I pay him back on pay day and he does the same thing. It's been 4 years now and I get along just fine with his fiancee, I even babysit their 2 year old daughter (who was conceived and born while I was still married to my ex).
    Anonymous

• I DO.....ONLY WHEN SHES AROUND THOUGH WHICH IS NEVER....WE HAVNT BEEN FACE TO FACE IN BOUT A YEAR OR SO....I TRIED TO BE THE BIGGER PERSON.....AND SHES OLDER THEN ME BUT ACTED LIKE A 12 YROLD....
    MRZDAUGHERTY

Answer by MRZDAUGHERTY at 1:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Its not just new wives that have to deal with the ex wives. My parents got divorced...my mothers a witch, said my dad abandoned me and my brother and left us, when she was the one who kicked him out and filed for divorce when he caught HER cheating.

She ran his girlfriend off who was probably going to be my step mom, I really liked her, very arts and crafty kinda person, and she liked to make stuff with me. But my mom hated her because my dad found someone new. My mom sent her all kinds of nasty emails, and telling her lies about my dad, like he has herpes and stuff, which he doesn't. My mom was evil.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• and even after almost 20 years being divorced...she STILL makes my dads life a living hell
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Lol I'm the only wife.... but yep I have issues with ss bio mom
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2011