Tampons usage post-cesarean? adult content

I know you're not supposed to use one till after you stop bleeding/after the 6-week checkup. My doctor isn't doing a 6-week checkup and I did stop the lochia discharge stuff about a week ago. Two days ago something similar started up, and I'm pretty sure it's a normal period. Anyone know if it's safe to use tampons now??

hspear

Asked by hspear at 11:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• Um, you don't say how many weeks you are, post-partum??
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yeah, wow. Are you really starting up your period so quickly? I'm BFing and my baby is 4 mo and I haven't started back up yet, but for those who don't BF I know it still takes a month or 2 to get back into business... I'd call & ask your doc.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• (she was my 2nd c-sect too btw)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't see why not.. you didn't deliever vaginally, so there isn't the same risks as with a vaginal delivery.. but you can always call your OB/GYN in the morning and double check with them.

lol mamalisa.. my second dd is 6 months and a week and still haven't gotten my period back yet (EBF).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you are less than 6 weeks postpartum do not use tampons. Your uterus is still open and tampons increase the risk of serious infection!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thanks for the answers! And judimary: I'm just over 5 weeks postpartum.
    hspear

Comment by hspear (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2011