Lots of leftover rib-eye steak. . .

what do I do with it all? I'm going to use some to make a steak salad. Any other ideas? Please bump. HELP!

zboys

Asked by zboys at 11:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Stir fry? Seems a shame to boil up a really nice cut of steak, but you could make a casserole or meat pie?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Stir fry sounds really good. I suppose I will have to look it up on-line. Thanks for the suggestion.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You could cook it in a crock pot and shred it up and make beef sandwichs with au jus, peppers, onions, and mushrooms on hoagie bun with a slice of provolone.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes! Steak sandwiches sounds really good! I've never made stir fry or Philly cheese steak sandwiches. Thanks for the tip!
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Hubby LOVES steak so we eat it practically every weekend. {sigh}
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I use mind for a roast.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• slice thinly. Put in pan with one can campbell's french onion soup, about half a cup of ketchup, a dash of vinegar, a tablespoon of brown sugar (NO Salt-the soup has enough) Mix really well. Warm up slowly and just enough to warm the meat. Put on Good rolls with provolone cheese. Serve with small bowl of the sauce on the side for dipping and or a good bbq sauce.
    MommaDo4

Answer by MommaDo4 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Slice it up thin, throw in a skillet with leftover potatoes (or cook a handful of frozen hashbrowns or a chopped potato if you don't have leftover) til warmed through. Beat a few eggs with salt & pepper and a splash of milk, and pour over - you can cook til set or scramble (I scramble) and top with cheese if you want. Kind of an omelet or hash, depending how you cook it. Or you can skip the potatoes and roll the eggs & steak up in a tortilla with some salsa - steak breakfast burrito.
    Anonymous

• Thank you, everyone, for all the wonderful ideas. I made Philly cheese steak sandwiches last night. Have one more steak to use up tonight. I want to try all the recipes. : )!!!
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2011