How can i NOT have stubble and almost a five o'clock shadow on my bikini area??

maybe i've been shaving for too many years, but even when there's no hair anywhere near my bikini lines, there's still almost like a stubble or something (just the skin is a little darker). waxing takes waaaay too long to wait for it to grow- and i've tried different razors, shaving creams, etc....any advice?????

thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• btw i'm asking b/c i was at the beach all day today and realized a few women did have the same issue, but many didn't- so what to do?? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have read "rubbing lemon" will help lighten up the areas like dark underarms, knees, elbows, back of the neck and I am guessing in that area too. I too need to do this but since my dh isthe only one who looks down there I don't bother...lol he don't mind GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I heard recently that if you use baby oil to shave it helps BIGTIME with that. So I tried it and it does seem to help!! Good luck!! (Also it is awesome because it's so much cheaper than actual shave cream)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Leave the shaving cream on for a full 10 mins then shave.In between time exfoliate.

cece122704

Answer by cece122704 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Maybe wax? IDK really, I've never done it. Looks too painful.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Very common problem! I don't like the wait it out time for waxing either. The Skin So Soft Fresh and Smooth Hair Removal Cream (I prefer the cream to the gel for this area) Seems to be the only thing that works for me. Its $8 and if you've tried the creams from the store that don't work very well like Nair don't assume that its like that and leave it on too long. It really does work in about 2 minutes. The problem isn't stubble its the hair follicle underneath the skin. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum Also another option is laser hair removal. Its cheaper than you'd probably think for the area, usually about $400, and its permanent. Most places will do a payment plan.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2011