Lets see....What else do our Governments want to control????

Whether it be the state or the federal level, it seems like we are quickly losing rights. In my state, there is a law that will be put into effect at the end of this month that anyone who owns a "dangerous dog breed" which are... Pit bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, BullMastiffs, and Alaskan Malamutes. Owners will have to pay fees like registering, which varys from 15 to 30 dollars, licenses, $10, and u will either have to have a fence, or a kennal if u have it outside (which is reasonable). There are some people that just can't afford to do this, so they either have them put down, or abandon them in a country, where they will be caught, often after it has attacked someone. The other issue is the ban on smoking everywhere it seems!! I use to smoke, so I liked the fact there is a ban in smoking in resturants, but at a beach?? That lkaw is in New York. Really!?!?! Even at some colleges, the WHOLE campus. Inside the dorms, even just outside the doors, ok reasonable. But the whole campus?? U are outside!! I guess I just do not understand. Who are the smokers "offending" outside where there is lots and lots of FRESH air!!! I do not understand anymore, what else will our government want to monitor?? Sex lives?? They are already telling what we can eat and not eat. Thats probably why they want to "engineer" our meat in labs......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They want to control EVERYTHING...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I own two American Staffordshire Terriors. And I am in agreeance with this law. Some people really do treat their dogs terrible and make them viscious. In a way this can protect animals and people alike. Protect animals from being owned by people who can't even afford to care for them!
    And if you can't afford the license, how can you afford vet bills?
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 12:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i hate walking through smoke and love bans like that, plus i hated that in my apt complex people would throw their butts on the ground wherever. even my mil did, and at school they did the same thing even though there was a butt container out there. they would fill it up like it was a trash can and other people would have to empty it. i have yet to meet one smoker that would put out a butt and keep it to throw away later. maybe the campus doesn't want to pay for a clean up just to keep the butts off the ground.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You do know all the immunizations, test for things like Valley Fever,ect... that come with owning dogs. Like our one dog has seizures, and has to be on medication. Our other dog is always getting bit by something and needing his allergy medications.
    A lot of people abandon their pets for just these problems alone. And it is stupid to say people will abandon their pets when you can simply turn them into the SPCA.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 12:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• @seasidenative....Its stupid to abandon dogs cause of those problems, but it is happening. 2 days ago animal control reported a 10% increase is the so-called dangerous breeds. Plus even if u do turn them into the SPCA, they eventually put those breeds down simply cause of the breed. Nobody wants to adopt a pitbull. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree with the dog laws.. I also am against owning such dogs when you have children(I know of THREE little kids who were attacked by such dogs, and they had VERY good owners, but it's in their blood for some of those dogs.. 2 were minor and just required a few stitches, the third little girl was 2 and had to have facial reconstrutive surgery after being hospitalized for 2 months in a coma from the extensive injuries to her head and face).. but I'm not a law maker...

at this moment i'd LOVE for them to make a law saying you have to have your dog fenced in your yard.. especially since my neighbor has 2 dogs that CONSTANTLY get into our yard, destroy our trash, and are threatening..
    as for the smoking.. I'm use to that, living in NY.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• SeasideNative: totally agree with you there!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Wtf is the malmute on the list for?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• The boxer next door finally bit a passerby.

The neighbors are idiots.

The dog is now quarantined, whatever that means regarding the dog, though I haven't seen it since that happeneed.

Idiot neighbors.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i have yet to meet one smoker that would put out a butt and keep it to throw away later.
    Answer by angevil53

Raising hand....hubby and I do that all the time. To us, it comes under not littering.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2011