If i had unprotected sex on a Thursday night and i started my period Sunday, Could i be pregnant?

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on a thursday night and i was supposed to start my period on saturday but i started on sunday instead. and i was just asking if there is any chance that i could be pregnant. thanks.

ABobDole

Asked by ABobDole at 12:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You had unprotected sex, so yes, there is a chance you are pregnant. Any time you have sex there is a change you can be pregnant.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Periods are not always a 28-30 day guarantee. It's possible to start a day or two earlier or later than expected. That your uternine lining sloughed off for this cycle makes the chance of you being pregnant pretty low. However if you feel like you need to take a test, then by all means go for it. You know your body best and you know what is normal with your cycle.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I disagree, for those of us who tried and tried to have kids and couldn't FOREVER... you know there's that "sweet spot" area of time where you're ovulating and you have like 3 days tops with ONE day being the really good chance. If you're having a period, I would say you're not pregnant, but next week or so it wouldn't hurt to take a preg. test just in case, and if it turns up negative I would still try again a couple of weeks after that, just before your next period is due to start, you know, just to be sure.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• no
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You could be ovulating for your next cycle; so yes, it's possible. As someone with very irregular periods, I can tell you it can happen.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• any time you have sex you chance pregnancy.
    you wouldn't have your period however it would be called bleeding or spotting or possible miscarriage if you were pregnant.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• its a possibility
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011