LHG SURGE...Done

So i am pretty sure that my surge is done but is it still possible to get pregnant? My DF and I hit the sheets only once since my surge... is it still possible to get pregnant if we try for a couple more days? if not then i hope that one time did the trick!

jsmith750xa21

Asked by jsmith750xa21 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Can't hurt to try.. it sounds like your chances are slim but ya never know
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Not all surges mean you released an egg. Oftentimes due to stress, sickness, hormone imbalances, etc. the surge will happen (which happens to release the egg, not as a result of an egg being released) but no egg is actually released. In this case, you will usually get another surge in a couple of days to try again.

If you have already ovulated, the egg will last only 24 hours before it will begin to disintegrate and no longer be viable.

So if I were you, I'd keep trying on the off-chance. Good luck!
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 12:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2011