What could be the cause of a really irregular period?

Husband & I had sex May 29. Spotting started 3 days early (June 7). Never happened before. Wore panty liners for 7 days and never stained them. Most of the time, I would only see blood when I wiped and then at times none at all. Day 8 (which I never go so long on my peiord) started a light flow that got heavier thru Day 9 and then lighter again Day 10. Continued spotting again thru Day 11. Had 1 very light flow and then spotted again. Day 12, still spotting. Didn't stop seeing any form of blood until this day. This is a long time to see any type of bleeding. It has never happened to me before. I never got any symptoms of my period coming on like before, such as sore-tender breasts, freq urination, cramps, or blotting. What could cause an irregular period like this? Now my breasts are starting to feel full and tender. Thank you.

Esther11

Asked by Esther11 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i use to do that when i got stressed im 9 weeks preg and my last period i only spotted for two days it was a little srange to me so my advice to you is to go in and talk to the doctor just to be safe
    mommyoftwo19261

Answer by mommyoftwo19261 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I've had a couple of periods like that after anovulatory cycles. Without ovulating, there's no hormonal shift to tell your body to act the way it does normally before your period.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Stress, PCOS as well as a bunch of other things can cause your cycles to go haywire.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011