Limited local resources adult content

i live in a hick town that many women arent even sure what a birthing clinic is other than going to the hospital and spit a baby out. there isnt any real birthing classes offered other than the main topics of: what is pregnancy? nutrition,how to control pain{aka what drugs to use} touring the hospital, and lastly breast feeding or formula.
i was very disappointed with my first child to find such limited information avaliable to local woman and this time i am determinded to teach myself more. so i have looked on the web and started some online birthing classes, im reading everything i can find, and chatting on here with moms who have similar interest as me.

i want a natural birth. what are good techniquics to manage my pain levels?
i know the hospital i will deliver at doesnt have a tub{im so sad} birthing stool or ball.
i have been told that they can use a heating pad or ice{if i want},the birthing bar, walking around, being able to more into any position i wish, having my husband sit behind me,ect.

but i need to know more about pain management, so ladies please please help

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You should be able to bring your own ball. Then there's my favorite the "cat stretch" position. You just get on all 4s and arch your back. Look into maybe some pregnancy yoga dvd's I've heard they help ALOT! And then see if there's an La Leche classes or groups near you. Or even join one on here.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I can offer a lot.
    The books you choose and classes you take are exposure that fuel you, prepare you for what's to come. Depending on what you choose to do and how you process it, it can have negative or positive impact.

And reading and self-confidence will be a lot of help.
    But also your support team will be important; having them prepare is great, too.
    Do you have help?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Maybe you will get lucky and the baby will come so quickly after labor starts you won't have to worry about all the stuff to relax yourself!
    tyandlukesmom

Answer by tyandlukesmom at 2:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Congratulations on taking the initiative to learn on your own!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Do you live in VT? LOL sounds like my situation.
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 12:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• thanks everyone i live in lower alabama, i do have a wonderful spouse who is willing to help me and e en do the excersises together with { i love him!} he is being very very supportive in telling me he KNOWS I CAN do this when i say i wanna TRY. :) i will look into the yoga thing but as far as ANY classes given there arent any within a hours drive of me:( the closest midwife is over two hours off. like i said i live in the middle of no where where nothing is avaliable.
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Come and visit us in the Natural Birth Group here on CM.
    We have experienced moms, new moms, doulas, and midwives there to offer help.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011