I feel like a sinner for having sex with my boyfriend out of wedlock

technically he's my fiance, but i'm really not ready to getting married. i want to live for God now and am considering going cellibate.
is it too late to be forgiven? i don't think it is, but how will SO handle this??
he would stay...but would it ruin our relationship?

this sounds weird...but i sort of want to devote my whole life to God now, not to a man
i love him dearly but we are an extremely naughty couple.
any advice from you christian folk?

also, have any of you ever been celibate, what's it like?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It does state in the bible that sex before marriage is a sin its called sexual immorality. My husband and i loved together before we got married and we just wernt happy until one day we decided to live right and we lived seperate till our wedding day, no sex or anything.
    And let me tell you we were alot happier living right with the Lord. You can not always justify your sins saying oh well im a sinner as long as i ask for forgiveness and repent ill be good. God actually judges our heart not our actions. Good luck, and make the right decision.
    mcastillo23

Answer by mcastillo23 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• well your a mom.. so obviously have a kid.. (or you wouldn't be on this site).. so if you were married and are divorced it doesn't really matter unless your ex is dead.. to have sex after a divorce or to remarry, unless your ex passes on, is a sin..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• That is what I was trying to figure out. If you are on here you must have a kid right? Well, the deed is sealed. I don't belong to a faith system that believes in sin.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You are a sinner. I am a sinner. There is not one person among us who isn't a sinner in one way or another. But Jesus died so you could be forgiven. All you need to do is ask. At least this is what I was told. What's done is done. If he loves you he'll understand why you want to abstain until marriage. If he doesn't understand then maybe he's not worth marriage. We all fall short and that is part of the reason Jesus gave his life.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you were seriously repentent of a sin, I don't think you'd be flippant about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... I was always taught that if you feel repnetance/remorse with your heart than you will be forgiven!!! God doesn't hate the person, God hates the sin...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Excuse me... this is cafe MOM, so obviously the damage has already been done.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm an ex-Christian but are you wanting to do this for you or for what you think God wants?

Personally, I think sin comes in two forms; that which you know is wrong deep down on a gut level and that which everyone else but you says is wrong which is the pressure society puts on each of us to conform. It's up to each of us to figure out one from the other.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Just don't do it simple as that! I told my now husband that we can't have sex and he tried to come up with all kind of excuses. Lol but don't let it get to you. I know its hard ( no pun intended lol) just talk to God about it. When are you guys getting married? We end up getting married about 3 MTHS later. ( no wedding though) 6 yrs later here we are. How do your chance feel about celibacy?
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We're all sinners. No it's not too late to be forgiven. Talk about it. If he's a Christian he'll understand and if he's not then God will send someone to you who will understand. Yes I've been celibate. After my divorce I was celibate for 15 yrs. Then I went back to having sex without marriage. I don't feel guilty. God knows our temptations and forgives us.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011